Cocoa cravings are a part of fall bliss. This dairy-free Dark Chocolate Maple Cocoa is one of my favorite go-to recipes that helps me satisfy my cocoa craving. Rich dark chocolate cacao powder blends with maple for a truly unique flavor to crave. Plus a few of my secret ingredient accents blended in as well..
Dark Chocolate Maple Cocoa
vegan, serves 1
8-10 ounces soy milk, vanilla (or use almond, rice or another non-dairy milk)
1 Tbsp dark chocolate cacao powder (milk and sweetener-free)
1-2 Tbsp maple syrup (grade B is my preference for rich maple flavor)
pinch of cinnamon
2-3 dashes of cayenne
pinch of salt (optional)
*note: adjust maple syrup depending on how sweet or unsweetened your non-dairy milk is
1. Heat the non-dairy milk in the microwave until very hot.
2. Using a mesh strainer, sift in the powdered cocoa while stirring very briskly. Stir until any clumps have melted away. Place back in the microwave for a few additional seconds if needed to fully “melt” in the cocoa powder.
3. Stir in the spices and maple syrup.
Serve steamy hot. Soy, rice or coconut cream on top is optional. You could add in a shot of espresso if you’d like.
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen:
* 16 Vegan Slow Cooker Recipes + Giveaway
* 25 Genius Recipes that Infuse Fall into Breakfast
* 10 Spooky Vegan Recipes for October
* Speculoos Pecan Maple Cheesecake (vegan)
* Healthy Fall Pumpkin – get the facts!