Chicken and Mango Salad
Egg free, Gluten free
- 3 free range chicken breast fillets
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 16 oz canned mango, sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 16 oz good-quality satay sauce
- cilantro leaves, to garnish (optional)
Place stock in a small saucepan, bring to boil, carefully slide chicken fillets into stock, cover and turn heat off. Leave to poach for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside to cool slightly before slicing.
Trim sugar snap peas and steam or microwave (about 1 minute) until bright green, refresh under cold water.
Choose a large serving platter and arrange the mango slices, sugar snap peas, bean sprouts, avocado, cashews and chicken. Heat the satay sauce in the microwave or a small saucepan until warm, transfer to a small bowl and place in the center of the platter. Let everyone help themselves and drizzle it all with the satay sauce.
- Vary the ingredients to suit what your family will eat, just make sure you keep a range of colors. All green or orange is not very appetizing!