Chicken Dumpling Soup
Egg free, Lactose free, Nut free
- 3/4 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 4-5 button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (or 1 teaspoon salt)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 package wonton skins
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
In a food processor, mix the chives, mushrooms, cabbage and ginger.
Add the ground chicken and fish sauce and process to combine 3-4 seconds. Move the mixture into a bowl.
Lay six wonton skins out on a clean surface and put 1 heaping teaspoon size ball of mixture in the middle of each. Using your fingers, wet around the edges of the wonton skin.
Gently pull all edges up to the top, squeeze and twist.
Repeat process until all of the mixture is used.
In a saucepan add stock, water and soy sauce. Bring to a boil then add dumplings (about 4 per child).
Simmer for 5 minutes then remove dumplings with a slotted spoon and place in a serving bowl, add the soup or serve them with rice.
- If you don’t have a food processor then just chop all the vegetables finely and mix together.
- This recipe will make about 30 dumplings so you can freeze the excess and pull them out when needed. You can place frozen dumplings in boiling soup – just give them about 10 minutes on simmer to cook through.