Curried Chicken Salad
- 2-3 boneless chicken breast, skin removed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 stalks celery, strings removed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 4 handfuls lettuce leaves
Pour chicken stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Slip the chicken breasts into the stock, turn off the heat, cover and leave for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, dice celery and combine with herbs, mayonnaise and curry powder.
Remove the chicken from the pan using a slotted spoon and cut into bite sized chunks. Let cool for 15 minutes.
Add the chicken to the mayonnaise mixture and stir well to combine.
Arrange lettuce leaves in the centre of a salad dish or individual plates and spoon the chicken mixture on top.