Orzo Turkey à la Piccata Recipe
Start to Finish:
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 1/2 cups diced leftover cooked vegetables
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons frozen lemon juice, thawed
- 1 teaspoon bottled garlic puree
- 2 cups cooked turkey strips
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1. In a pot of boiling salted water, cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and return orzo to pot. Cover to keep warm.
2. Place vegetables in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on high for 1 to 2 minutes. Add vegetables to orzo in pot.
3. While pasta cooks, in a large skillet, reduce wine to 2 tablespoons over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add butter. Once butter melts, stir in broth, lemon juice, and garlic. Add turkey and heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through. Stir in capers and parsley. Remove from heat.
4. Serve turkey over hot vegetable orzo.
Excerpted from the book, Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Comfort Food, by Sandra Lee Copyright © 2010 SLSH Enterprises, Inc. www.sandralee.com