Egg free, Nut free
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- handful basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 loaves French bread, cut lengthwise into 4 inch strips
- 4 slices of ham, sliced into thin finger shapes
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, chopped into very small pieces
- 1/2 lb mozzarella, sliced into thin finger slices
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Bring a saucepan to low to medium heat and then add oil and garlic.
Saut’ for a moment, then add tomatoes, and basil and stir together. Season with salt and pepper to taste, take off the heat and set aside.
Place bread fingers in rows onto a non-greased baking sheet and spoon a teaspoon of the tomato mixture onto each bread finger.
Top with a finger-sized piece of ham, pineapple, then a scattering of mozzarella.
Place the fingers in the oven for around 8 minutes until the cheese has melted.