Roast Vegetable Pizzas
Egg free, Gluten free
- 1 package x 6 Lebanese breads or any flat bread
- 1 cup tomato paste or puree
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 pound roasted sweet potato, diced
- 2 roasted peppers, sliced
- 4 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 cups grated tasty or mozzarella cheese
- 6 oz feta, diced
- 4 oz arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup good quality basil pesto
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place bread bases on baking trays, spread with tomato paste or puree.
Divide fresh basil leaves between bases (need to go underneath everything else so they don’t burn).
Top with sweet potato, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and feta cheese.
Sprinkle half a cup of grated cheese over each pizza.
This is not much, but you do have the feta too.
Bake in oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese is golden and base is crunchy.
Before serving, sprinkle over a handful of arugula leaves, pesto and pecans.
- Double the quantities for a bigger crowd, the leftovers can be frozen individually.
- Use leftover roast veggies, also try sliced avocado.
- For a gluten-free base, use gluten-free wraps (which are revolting as wraps, but excellent for crisp pizza bases) from the supermarket.