Thai Style Beef Salad
- 1 pound beef sirloin steak
- 4 oz mesclun or spring mix salad
- 6 red cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 6 yellow cherry tomatoes,
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 fresh red bird’s eye chili, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Preheat the BBQ or stovetop grill plate. Cook beef for 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
Meanwhile, to make salad dressing, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook for 2 minutes. Increase heat to high and bring to boil. Simmer, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
Thinly slice beef across the grain. Combine salad ingredients, coriander and cashews in a bowl. Drizzle over dressing and toss. Divide salad among serving plates and top with beef.