As we move into the holiday season, and with Halloween upon us, a bounty of candy is growing in my kitchen. I have a collection of sweets that I have been gathering for the gang of trick-or-treaters that will make their way to my door on October 31st. In the meantime, my neighbor is having a little Halloween party for the kids on the block. She asked me if I would be able to make a cheesecake, and I had just bought this awesome cheesecake kit. I knew it would be super easy to whip up, and if I added a little trick or treat candy to the top it would feel like a combo between something semi-homemade and a fun Halloween creation. Happy Halloween!
Ingredients for dulce de leche halloween candy cheesecake:
- 1 – Dulce De Leche Cheesecake kit ( I use Nestle’s La Lechera)
- 4 – tablespoons butter
- 12 – ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 – eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 – cup M&M’s
- 1/2 – cup candy corn
- 1/4 – cup smarties
- 5 – mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Assemble cheesecake according to the direction on the box.
- Bake for 35 minutes then allow it to come to room temperature for an hour.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight.
- In a bowl mix together M&M’s, candy corn, smarties, and peanut butter cup.
- Place a small bowl in the center of the cheesecake, then with a spoon slowly pour candy all around the edge of the small bowl.
- Remove the bowl and your cheesecake will be ready to serve.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.
MORE ON BABBLE
41 copycat recipes from your fave fast food joints
24 sinfully sweet dessert recipes in a jar
20 delicious salads hearty enough for dinner
10 ways to recreate Chinese takeout at home
24 ooey-gooey mac ‘n’ cheese recipes