As we move into the holiday season, and with Halloween upon us, a bounty of candy is growing in my kitchen. I have a collection of sweets that I have been gathering for the gang of trick-or-treaters that will make their way to my door on October 31st. In the meantime, my neighbor is having a little Halloween party for the kids on the block. She asked me if I would be able to make a cheesecake, and I had just bought this awesome cheesecake kit. I knew it would be super easy to whip up, and if I added a little trick or treat candy to the top it would feel like a combo between something semi-homemade and a fun Halloween creation. Happy Halloween!
Dulce De Leche Halloween Candy Cheesecake 1 of 13
Serve this easy to make Halloween cheesecake for the 31st of October.
Dulce De Leche Cheesecake Kit 2 of 13
Here is a photo of the box.... I figured this product is new to the market and you may want to know what it looks like.
Melted Butter And Cheesecake Crust Mix 3 of 13
Melt the butter in a bowl, then add in the cheesecake crust mix. Mix with a spoon until fully combined.
Press 4 of 13
Press the crust mix into a 9" pie plate. Set to the side.
Cream Cheese And Dulce De Leche 5 of 13
The basis of this recipe starts with these two ingredients. Read the box for all instructions and ingredients.
Pour It In 6 of 13
Pour the batter into the prepared pie crust. Bake at 325 for 35 minutes.
Let Cool 7 of 13
Once the cheesecake is out of the oven allow it to cool for an hour to two hours, bringing it to room temperature. Then place in the fridge over night covered in plastic wrap.
Mix The Candy In A Bowl 8 of 13
Take your candy and mix it in the bowl.
Uncover Cheesecake 9 of 13
Remove from fridge and take off the plastic wrap.
Bowl In The Middle 10 of 13
Place a small bowl in the middle of the cheesecake.
Candy Sides 11 of 13
Pour spoonfuls of candy around the bowl. Then remove the bowl from the middle.
Whole 12 of 13
The cheesecake whole.... or .....
Sliced 13 of 13
Slice it up and serve!
Ingredients for dulce de leche halloween candy cheesecake:
- 1 – Dulce De Leche Cheesecake kit ( I use Nestle’s La Lechera)
- 4 – tablespoons butter
- 12 – ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 – eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 – cup M&M’s
- 1/2 – cup candy corn
- 1/4 – cup smarties
- 5 – mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Assemble cheesecake according to the direction on the box.
- Bake for 35 minutes then allow it to come to room temperature for an hour.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight.
- In a bowl mix together M&M’s, candy corn, smarties, and peanut butter cup.
- Place a small bowl in the center of the cheesecake, then with a spoon slowly pour candy all around the edge of the small bowl.
- Remove the bowl and your cheesecake will be ready to serve.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.
MORE ON BABBLE
41 copycat recipes from your fave fast food joints
24 sinfully sweet dessert recipes in a jar
20 delicious salads hearty enough for dinner
10 ways to recreate Chinese takeout at home
24 ooey-gooey mac ‘n’ cheese recipes