Easy Caramel Popcorn RecipeRobyn Stone
When I was growing up, one of my very favorite snacks was a box of popcorn and peanuts coated in delicious caramel. I am sure you know which box I mean. Of course, it helped too, that there was a prize inside. One night this week, I wanted a snack and that was all I could think of that I wanted to eat. Naturally, I didn’t have any in the house so I decided to make my own.
I only had microwave popcorn but I thought at least that would be easy. After the popcorn was popped, I dumped my cocktail peanuts in the bowl with the popcorn.
Then I decided to up the flavor a little bit and added mini pretzels. That was because I just love pretzels in just about anything.
I then drizzled caramel sauce over the mix and stirred thoroughly until well coated.
I poured the mix onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and let the mix dry for a few minutes. After it had dried, I poured it into bowls and sat back and enjoyed a treat that tasted almost like the ones from my childhood.
Easy Caramel Popcorn Recipe
- bag of microwave popcorn
- 1/2 cup salted cocktail peanuts
- 1/2 cup mini pretzels
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- Place bag of popcorn into microwave and cook til all kernels popped.
- Pour into bowl and add peanuts and pretzels. Stir.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over mix and stir thoroughly until well coated.
- Pour mix onto parchment lined cookie sheet and let dry.