We are big fans of a good pizza dinner. I usually make it with our pizza stone in the oven, but lately I’ve started making it on the stovetop. It is SO easy! I also like this method because it is easy for making small, individual pizzas instead of having to divide up the toppings on the large pie. For example, my daughter loves cheese pizza while we like to add fun things like prosciutto, mushrooms, and arugula. This is a great weeknight meal just in time for summer. I can already envision whipping these up for everyone to eat on the porch for an easy outdoor meal. Enjoy!
Cheesy Stovetop Pizza
1 ball store bought pizza dough
1 jar pizza sauce of your choice
1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (we use mozzarella)
1. Pull enough dough from the store-bought ball so that it can be rolled out to about 6-inches around and 1/4-1/2-inch thick.
2. Heat a 10″ skillet over medium heat and cover the bottom with a thin layer of oil. Transfer the dough to the hot oil and allow it to cook for one minute. Pop any bubbles that form in the dough.
3. After one minute, very quickly and carefully flip the dough and add in the toppings. This includes sauce, cheeses, and whatever else you like. (Like my sliced chicken for example.)
4. Place a lid on the hot skillet and allow the cheese to melt. This takes about 5 minutes, though check once or twice since cooking times can veary a little bit from stovetop to stovetop.
5. Serve the pizza immediately out of the skillet and enjoy!