Easy Maple Walnut Coconut Oil Cupskathypatalsky
These easy, healthy-ingredient Walnut Coconut Maple Cups can be made in less than five minutes and taste like sweet maple, rich coconut and nutty walnut. This healthy treat is a fun recipe to try for your do-it-yourself Halloween candy. You can even add a peanut butter center to make these peanut butter-style cups if you’d like. Each cup is rich in virgin coconut oil, which is a popular wellness ingredient. They’ve also got plenty of omega-3 fatty acid-rich walnuts. These creamy cups are luscious and lovely, give them a try..
Storage: Don’t hand these cups out to trick-or-treaters because they will surely melt in a hot candy bag. Store in the fridge or freezer and eat at a soft, room temperature state. They’ll be super luscious and creamy inside.
Easy Walnut Coconut Maple Cups
vegan, makes about 9 cups
3 Tbsp organic virgin coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup raw walnuts
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup shredded coconut, raw/unsweetened
1-3 Tbsp vegan chocolate chips
1/2 tsp peanut butter per cup (inside)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon (or some cayenne for spicy cups!)
muffin cups (about 7-8)
1. Process your raw walnuts in a blender or food processor until a chunky meal forms.
2. Combine the walnuts with the remaining ingredients.
3. Spoon mixture into muffin liners. About 1-3 Tbsp per liner depending on how thick you’d like your cups.
4. Place the cups in the freezer. They should be ready to eat in just a few minutes!
photo credit: Kathy Patalsky
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
More on Family Kitchen:
* Dark Chocolate Maple Cocoa
* 11 Flavors that Pair with Pumpkin
* 16 Vegan Slow Cooker Recipes + Giveaway
* 25 Genius Recipes that Infuse Fall into Breakfast
* 10 Spooky Vegan Recipes for October
* Speculoos Pecan Maple Cheesecake (vegan)
* Healthy Fall Pumpkin – get the facts!
What to do with that leftover Halloween candy? Check out our stuffed cookie recipe!