Easy Vegan Chocolate Ganachekathypatalsky
Cakes and cupcakes can be frosted or topped with rich and silky chocolate ganache. This easy vegan chocolate ganache recipe is delicious used over top cakes, cupcakes or even to frost freshly baked doughnuts. The texture of ganache starts out very wet and silky, but as it cools, it thickens up just enough so that it leaves a drizzled look on your bakery items. This rich chocolate-lovers recipe is one you will use again and again! And check out the secret ingredient I use….
secret ingredient: vegan sour cream! It adds a hint of creamy mystery to the ganache. Sort or how sour cream can enhance cheesecake.
Easy Chocolate Ganache
vegan, makes 1 3/4 cups ganache
1 cup dark chocolate chips, vegan
1/2 cup vegan sour cream (yes, sound weird, but it works!)
*I used follow Your Heart brand
3/4 – 1 cup powdered sugar, organic
2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
pinch of salt + a few drops vanilla or coffee extract (optional)
1. Add the chips and coconut oil to a medium bowl. Place in microwave for 30 seconds on high. Remove. Stir, stir, stir as the chips melt with the heated oil. If still lumpy, place back in microwave 10 seconds at a time and stir until creamy.
2. Add the powdered sugar to the melted chips. Using a hand or stand mixer, blend until very thick and combined. This will get really thick like a fudge.
3. Heat your vegan sour cream in the microwave for a good 30-60 seconds or until steamy and hot – melted. Add the hot sour cream to the chocolate and blend on low. The mixture will smooth out to a silky consistency within seconds. Blend until smooth. Fold in optional salt and flavorings to ganache. Set aside until needed. You should use within twenty minutes or you will need to re-warm the ganache — it will firm up as it cools.
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life. Get Kathy’s book, 365 Vegan Smoothies: Boost Your Health With a Rainbow of Fruits and Veggies, available on Amazon. Follow Kathy on Instagram. And Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter.
More on Family Kitchen:
* 11 Ways to Stuff an Avocado
* Taco-Stuffed Avocado
* Spring Edamame Hummus Dip
* Meyer Lemon Ginger Tropical Fruit Salad
* Flour-Free Baking Tip!
* Savory Spinach Lemon Bean Dip
* Sweet Citrus Avocado Dip
* Sweet green smoothie for spring