Over the holidays I had a few dinner parties, and needless to say — you need cheese platters. At one of my parties I served a goat cheese log topped with fig jam and crushed almonds, and my friends went NUTS! They practically devoured the log in a matter of minutes and asked for more. A few days later my fiance was craving the log, and now it’s starting to became this issue of having to have the ingredients in the house all the time. I figured since we are all going to be diving into movie watching, football games, and small gatherings of friends soon… I would make this simple cheese appetizer and share my secret with you all. Enjoy!
Figgy Almond Goat Cheese Perfection 1 of 9
Serve with crackers and a knife.
Ingredients 2 of 9
Three simple ingredients is all that is needed.
In A Pan 3 of 9
Heat up water in a small sauce pan, then stir the jam.
Almonds 4 of 9
Chop up the almonds.
The Log 5 of 9
Remove the log out of the wrapper for reshaping.
Mold With Hands 6 of 9
Reshape with hands into the shape of your choice.
On A Plate 7 of 9
Put the shaped goat cheese on a plate.
Pour The Jam 8 of 9
Pour the jam over the cheese, then with the back of your spoon spread it on top.
Chopped Almonds Top It Off 9 of 9
Sprinkle with chopped almonds, and serve!
Ingredients for figgy almond goat cheese perfection:
- 1/3 – cup fig jam
- 1/4 – cup marcona almonds (chopped almonds)
- 10 – ounces goat cheese
- In a small sauce pan filled with water to the halfway mark over a medium high flame bring to a boil. Remove from flame. Then place the jar of jam into the hot water to make it pourable. Let the jar sit in the hot water until it is easy to stir.
- Remove the goat cheese from the package and reshape it into a disk or circle.
- Pour the jam over the cheese.
- Top with chopped almonds.
- Serve with crackers.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.