I was sitting with a bunch of Irish men trying to find my voice that I had lost to a hacking cough. I was on tour in Boston with a rare night off, and I sat at the bar with the rest of the band trying to ignore my runny nose. They were all clinking their glasses and speaking in a thick accent, that I had learned to understand. Then one of the boys turns to me and asks if i would like a drink. I say “No, we got a show tomorrow, and I have to get better!” Then he says “Order a hot toddy.” I had never heard of this drink nor tasted one, all I knew was it would have whiskey in it and from the name it would be hot. The next day my cold was better, and I have been making them ever since.
With the explosion of Fireball whiskey. I decided to blend it into a hot toddy, and switch out the lemon for orange. Perfect experience. I couldn’t have asked for a better drink. ENJOY!
Ingredients for fireball orange hot toddy:
- 2 – cinnamon sticks
- 3 – cloves
- 3 – anise stars
- 3 – cups water
- 2 – oranges or mandarins
- 3 – tablespoons honey
- 4 – ounces fireball whiskey
This recipe makes 2 drinks:
- In a small saucepan over a medium high flame add in cinnamon, cloves, anise and water.
- Bring to a boil. Set to the side.
- Peel orange, and set to the side.
- Divide honey amongst both cups.
- Pour 2 ounces of fireball whiskey into each cup over the honey.
- Stir the honey and whiskey together to dissolve honey.
- Squeeze an entire orange into each cup.
- Pour the hot cinnamon tea into each cup.
- Stir and enjoy.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.