Five Ingredient Tofu Scramblekathypatalsky
Tofu Scramble made quick and easy – that’s what you’ll find in my Five Ingredient Tofu Scramble recipe. Vegan, protein-rich and packed with breakfast (or breakfast for dinner) flavor. Grab this easy recipe…
Back from a long weekend, I was craving a protein-rich, rejuvenating, energizing plate of Tofu Scramble. Side of hash browns. And a tall soy latte. But instead of making my lavish, many-ingredient version of my scramble I simplified my recipe. Now there are only 5 necessary ingredients and a few *easy* optional add-in items. This skillet of yumminess was ready in a flash and my craving was satisfied.
The Goods: Buttery yellow tofu accented with spices and lively green spinach. This scramble recipe is a keeper!
Five Ingredient Tofu Scramble
12-16 ounces firm or extra firm tofu, drained, pressed dry
3 Tbsp vegan butter
1/2 tsp turmeric
1-2 Tbsp salt-free spice blend (like a Mrs.Dash)
1 cup frozen/thawed chopped spinach
Optional – Other Easy Add-in’s:
handful of vegan cheddar cheese
salt/pepper to taste
2 tsp maple syrup
1/2 cup chopped onion
scoop of nutritional yeast
1. Prep tofu by draining and squeezing dry with paper towel.
2. Add your vegan butter to a sizzling hot non-stick skillet. Add in the tofu. Using a metal spatula, chop the tofu into little bits until as small as you’d prefer them.
3. Add in the turmeric and spices. Continue chopping and flipping tofu as butter absorbs and sizzles.
4. Add in the spinach and continue process until the tofu is cooked through.
5. Add in the optional salt/pepper/vegan cheese/maple syrup.
6. Serve hot!
Try it in a burrito too!..