12-year-old Paris Jackson revealed on Oprah today that she misses her father’s French toast. “He made the best French toast in the world,” she said. “I kinda felt like no one understands what a good father he was. I’d say he was the best cook ever.”
We feel for Paris for so many reasons. As writer Kim Severson revealed in her essay “Eating Aioli with Alice Waters,” food can evoke memories of people and times in our lives that were meaningful. Of course nothing replaces the loss of her father, but we hope that French toast always remains a lovely reminder of her father throughout her life. If Paris came into our kitchen, here are just some of the French toast recipes we’d whip up for her:
- Cinnamon French Toast
- Pumpkin Challah French Toast!
- 15-minute Cinnamon Bun French Toast
- 1-minute French Toastlette
- Challah French Toast
Plus, check out these 3 tips for creating heavenly French toast and the most important ingredient for superior French toast.
More powerful family recipes on Babble:
- Lemon Meringue Pie That Cures Heartbreak
- Secret Family Recipes from 3 Legendary Chefs
- Baking with My Son: When a Cookie is More Than Just a Cookie
Tell us: What food reminds you of your parents?