Fruit with Lemon Pistachio Syrup
- 1 3/4 pounds watermelon,
peeled and sliced
- 2 mangoes, sliced
- 2 pears, sliced
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/3 pound fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon rosewater essence
- 4 oz pistachios, roughly chopped
- 14 oz plain yogurt, to serve (optional)
Layer fruits in a large serving bowl.
Place vanilla bean/extract, sugar, lemon zest, rosewater essence and 1 1/2 cups water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Allow to cool, strain.
Pour syrup over fruits and sprinkle with pistachios.
Serve with yogurt, if desired.