This other day I received an email with pictures of this gorgeous fruity sushi. I thought it was so fun and sweet I just had to make them at home. I mean, who wouldn’t love these delicious treats. The recipe below is courtesy of FruitaBu and I followed it step-by-step and had pretty sushi in no time. Unfortunately, however, my camera went on the fritz and I couldn’t take the picture I wanted. Next time! In the mean time, here are some beautiful images courtesy of FruitaBu and their delicious recipe. Chopsticks optional.
FruitaBü Fruity Sushi Recipe, courtesy of FruitaBu
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 boxes of FruitaBü Fruit Rolls
- A variety of candy: gummy worms, Swedish fish, cherry twists (such as Twizzlers) and licorice
- In a small saucepan, melt the marshmallows with the butter over low heat. Add the rice cereal and stir to coat.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper, and spray the paper with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the mixture onto the baking sheet. Spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray, and press the mixture into the sheet in a thin layer.
- Place candy filling (ex: gummy worms) an inch from the edge and roll the cereal mixture once around the candy; press firmly to make a tight roll and to seal the edges together.
- Cut the rolled log away from the rest of the mixture and slice the logs into 1-inch rounds. Wrap each piece with FruitaBü.
- To create nigiri, cut the mixture into rectangles about ¾ inch by 1.5 inches and place a Swedish fish on top of each rectangle. Cut a FruitaBü roll in half and wrap each fish-and-rice rectangle with a strip.
- Arrange on a plate with a bit of green frosting for wasabi and pieces of candied ginger for a real looking presentation!