Gingerbread Cheesecake BitesKelsey Banfield
With the season for sweets upon us it’s time to get serious about holiday baking. These tangy gingery bites are ideal for serving up to guests stopping by for some holiday cheer. They are also great for taking to parties and potlucks. Cut them up into small squares and arrange them around the rim of a cookie platter at a party. Everyone will go bananas for their creamy ginger topping and snappy spicy crust. Are you really into gingerbread? Try building a gingerbread house and make it the centerpiece of your scrumptious buffet!
Gingerbread Cheesecake Bites
45 store-bought gingersnaps
1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
5 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 13×9 pan with cooking spray, paying special attention to the corners and sides.
2. In a food processor fitted with a blade attachment pulse the gingersnaps until they are fine crumbs. Pour them into a mixing bowl and add the melted butter, mixing until well combined. Press the gingersnaps into the bottom of the prepared 13×9 pan and press down with your fingertips until it forms an even crust on the bottom. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust is firm. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
3. Meanwhile, in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment add the cream cheese and beat on medium speed until softened. Then pour in the sugar, egg, egg yolk, sour cream, vanilla and ginger and beat until smooth and well combined.
4. Pour the prepared batter on to the crust and smooth it out with a spatula. Then bake it for 30 – 35 minutes, or until the mixture has puffed up but is not browned. The top should feel slightly firm to the touch. All to cool before cutting into serving sized squares.
Related Recipes on Babble:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- Pumpkin Guinness Gingerbread with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Upside-down Peach Gingerbread