If you browse your grand collection of cookbooks, or maybe your mother’s grand collection of cookbooks, you will probably spy one large book called The Betty Crocker Cookbook. Well what if I told you that two talented bloggers spent the past few years of their lives going through the Betty Crocker recipes and crafting a vegan version of each and every recipe. Crazy, right? Well Annie and Dan Shannon, of Meet the Shannons, didn’t think it was that crazy, and that is why they wrote the brand new cookbook, Betty Goes Vegan: 500 Classic Recipes for the Modern Family. Click ahead to enter a giveaway to win a copy of Betty Goes Vegan, and find out why Annie and Dan chose Betty Crocker as their muse!…
Curious why Annie and Dan chose Betty Crocker as their muse? Here is the answer from their website:
“Q: Why Betty Crocker?
A: The Betty Crocker brand has a well deserved reputation as being the very best at teaching American amateur chefs how to use products and ingredients to their full potential. When we were putting together this project, we really wanted to help people see how easy it is to be vegan, and that you really can make anything vegan once you know the tricks. I do have to admit that the little girl in me who still worships Laverne & Shirley is enchanted by everything Betty. This project not only encourages me to make some outrageous casseroles and use all these crazy kitchen gadgets, but also gives me an opportunity to share with other people how easy this lifestyle can be.”
GIVEAWAY IS OVER – WINNER ERIC Z – Winter Park FL
Prize: (1) copy of Betty Goes Vegan Cookbook – retail value: $26.99
To Enter The Giveaway:
1. To enter, leave a comment below, on this blog post – telling us about a classic meal that you’d like to veganize! (There is a good chance it is in the book!) Enter comments where is says “Leave a reply.” Email address is required for prize acceptance.
2. Only 1 entry per person is allowed.
3. This Giveaway entry period starts on Wednesday, February 27th at 9:00:01 AM EST and ends on Thursday, February 28th at 11:59:59 PM EST.
4. We will choose a potential winner in a random drawing on Friday March 1st 2013 and send notice to that person via email. If you are a potential winner but fail to claim your prize within 10 days of us sending you notice or are otherwise in non-compliance with the Giveaway rules, then we will choose an alternate winner.
5. We will announce the winner here on or about Thursday, March 14th at 12:00 PM EST.
6. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Odds will depend on the number of eligible entries See the complete general rules and eligibility requirements that apply to all Giveaways here.
You can read more about the book on Amazon: Betty Goes Vegan
More on Family Kitchen:
* Soy free diet? 9 foods to try!
* Spiced Sweet Potato Home Fries
* 7 Easy Tips for Low Sodium Cooking
* Queen Cake with Fresh Fruit
* 10 Tropical Recipes to Cheer Up Winter Weather
* Red Beans and Rice Mardi Gras Veggie Burger
* Cheezy “Kale Chip” Kale side dish
* 16 Creative Sweet Potato Recipes
* Double Chocolate Cake loaf