Golden Garlic Leek Chow Mein Noodleskathypatalsky
Here is a four ingredient, vegan recipe for some seriously cozy-delicious noodles. These Golden Garlic Leek Chow Mein Noodles are the perfect addition to an easy weeknight meal. Simply add a few sides and dinner is served. Top with tofu triangles. Pair with a crisp slaw salad. These tender chow main noodles are infused with golden buttery, sweet leek, zesty garlic flavors. Try this easy recipe!..
I made this recipe even easier to prepare by using Annie Chun’s FreshPak Noodles. They are pre-cooked, so all I had to do was open the bag and sauté with my ingredients. Plus, unlike most chow main noodles, the FreshPak variety are egg-free – making this dish totally vegan.
Golden Garlic Leek Chow Mein Noodles
1 FreshPak Chow Mein Noodles (170g) (or use traditional dry noodles)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen leeks, chopped
2-3 Tbsp vegan buttery spread (Earth Balance)
optional: a few sprinkles of nutritional yeast (adds more golden color, a subtle cheesy flavor and nutrients)
salt/pepper to taste as needed
1. Chop your leeks, if using fresh.
2. Place saute pan on stove over high heat. Add in one tablespoon of the vegan butter. Allow buttery spread to melt.
3. Add in the leeks. Saute for a few minutes, until leeks become tender.
4. Add in the noodles (if using cooked dry noodles instead of a FreshPak, be sure to drain noodles well before adding to pan.)
5. Add in the remaining buttery spread and garlic powder.
6. Saute until the flavors absorb into the noodles and noodles become tender.
7. Salt and pepper to taste. Add optional nutritional yeast.
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen:
Another Asian Noodle Recipe: Garlic Udon Noodles with Tofu and Veggies
Check out my 25 Healthy Foods to Add to Your Diet in 2012