Green Salad with Bacon, Pears, and Buttermilk Dressing
For the dressing
- 1 Tbsp buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp diced parsley
For the salad
- 1 bunch of lettuce, such as red or green leaf
- 3 strips fried bacon
- 1 thinly sliced pear
1. Place the lettuce in a large salad bowl.
2. Crumble in the bacon, and add the pears.
3. Toss gently with the dressing, just until all the ingredients are coated. Serve immediately. Leftover dressing will keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
Recipe by Elizabeth Stark and Brian Campbell. See more of their recipes on Family Kitchen.