Grilled Banana Cheddar Biteskathypatalsky
Once in a while I start a recipe, not really knowing where it will end up, but being deliciously surprised by the results. These Grilled Banana Cheddar Bites with their sticky, warm, savory-meets-sweet flavor ended up being one of those recipes. Perfect as a fun snack or comfort food party appetizer. If you love bananas, check out this creative recipe. Kids will love this fun flavor combo..
This recipe is vegan, using vegan Daiya Cheddar Cheese.
Grilled Banana Cheddar Bites
vegan, makes 5-6 bites
2 medium bananas, peeled/thinly sliced (reserve a few slices for raw banana garnish)
1 Tbsp Earth Balance, vegan butter
2 Tbsp vegan Daiya cheddar cheese shreds
assorted spices as desired:
feel free to get creative here!
1. Melt the Earth Balance in a hot skillet. Add in the banana. Allow to cook until blackened and sides become crispy while insides become soft and sticky.
2. During the saute, add in any spices you’d like. Savor spices like pepper, chili and chipotle are nice. Nutritional yeast brings out a cheesy flavor. Coconut flakes even work here!
3. Add in the cheddar Daiya and allow to melt into the banana. Remove from heat when cheese is melted.
4. Top crackers with the mixture and garnish with a fresh banana slice on top. serve warm.
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen:
* 16 Vegan Slow Cooker Recipes + Giveaway
* 25 Genius Recipes that Infuse Fall into Breakfast
* 10 Spooky Vegan Recipes for October
* Speculoos Pecan Maple Cheesecake (vegan)
* Healthy Fall Pumpkin – get the facts!