This Grilled Banana Waffle is studded with sweet, caramelized bits of grilled banana. Grab your waffle iron and whip up this easy recipe for a breakfast bite to crave. This waffle also pairs deliciously with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle of maple syrup – for a dessert treat! Get the vegan recipe.
These sweet, tender, banana-infused waffles are pretty awesome. And vegan! Made with non-dairy milk and no need for eggs. The banana helps act as an egg replacer. Get vegan waffle tips and recipes on Healthy. Happy. Life.
* as a dessert waffle – a la mode!
* with a slathering of peanut butter (pb & banana)
* with maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon
* paired with some hot cocoa
Grilled Banana Waffle
vegan, makes 2-3 small waffles
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp flour
3/4 non-dairy milk
1 tsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp salt (generous pinch)
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of cinnamon
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/3 banana, mashed
2/3 banana, sliced
canola oil spray
1. Warm up your waffle iron as you whip together the batter and slice your bananas.
2. When waffle iron is warm, spray generously with oil spray. Add a few bananas to the iron. Pour batter over top bananas – about 2-3 heaping spoonfuls. Add a few more banana slices over top. Spray bananas very will with oil. (Pour more batter for a larger waffle – but I found that the mini size is easier to cook with the bananas studding the batter.)
3. Close the waffle iron and cook as directed.
4. Open iron – carefully – and remove waffle. The bananas that hit the iron should be nice and sticky sweet and caramelized.
Also try Apple Cinnamon Ginger Waffles, recipe on Healthy. Happy. Life.
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
More on Family Kitchen:
* 25 recipes: Parade of Vegan Christmas Cookies!
* 7 Things You Must Know When Making Cocoa
* 22 Cozy Snow Day Breakfast Recipes
* 15 Mint Chocolate Dessert Recipes for the Holidays!
* Cocoa and Marshmallow Waffles
* Skinny Egg Nog Shake
* Orange Spice Holiday Cookies