What’s on your dinner menu tonight? Have you ever had a taco topped with a dill pickle? It makes a world of difference when enjoying a crunchy taco that is in need of a twist. You figure people eat pickled jalapenos with their tacos all the time, but what if you’re not looking for the spice and just want the precious flavor of some vinegar and the crunch? Dill Pickle is the solution and the taste is phenomenal! Try it asap, you seriously will not be disappointed. ENJOY!
Ingredients for Ground Beef Potato and Pickle Tacos:
- 2 – idaho potatoes, medium size (peeled, diced and boiled)
- 1 – tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 – cup diced onion
- 1 – pound ground beef
- 1 – teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 – teaspoon salt
- 1 – teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 – teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 – teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 15 – corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 – cups vegetable oil
- dill pickles
- grated cheddar cheese
- your favorite salsa
- sour cream
- slices of avocado
- Fill a medium pot with water to the halfway mark, then place over a medium high flame. Bring to a boil. Take your two potatoes and peel and dice them. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove from flame and drain. Set to the side.
- In a large frying pan over a medium flame add olive oil and allow to get hot. Then add onion, and saute for 5 minutes. Mix your onions around every so often so they don’t burn.
- Once your onions are a bit translucent add the ground beef, and mix into the onions. Then add garlic, salt, black pepper, oregano, and ground chipotle pepper. Mix well and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until ground beef turns brown.
- Then add boiled potatoes to the gound beef mixture. Mix well and remove from flame. Place in a bowl to start assembling your tacos.
- Warm your each corn tortilla on an open flame for 15 seconds on each side. Then place them in a towel to stay warm or a tortilla holder. This step will keep your tortilla from breaking.
- In a large frying pan over a medium flame add vegetable oil and allow oil to warm while you assemble your tacos. Take a warm corn tortilla and fill with 1 1/2 tablespoons ground beef and potato mixture. Place the filling in the middle for easy folding.
- Then fold tortilla over and close taco with a toothpick right in the middle or use two toothpicks along the side. Continue till done with all tortillas.
- Your vegetable oil should be hot by now…. take your tacos and fry them up. About 5 minutes on each side or until gold brown and shell is hard.
- That’s it your done. Remove toothpick closure, and fill with your favorite toppings. For me that is a pile of cheddar cheese, some delicious red salsa, and a dill pickle.
tacos1 1 of 6Frying onion and ground beef together.
tacos2 2 of 6Mix cooked potatoes into ground beef.
tacos3 3 of 6Add ground beef and potato mixture to a corn tortilla.
tacos4 4 of 6Enclose taco with a toothpick.
tacos5 5 of 6Deep fry tacos.
tacos6 6 of 6Add some cheddar cheese to the taco and top with a pickle.