I’m getting ready to host a Halloween party along with my son’s teacher, and I was trying to think of a spooky looking drink for the kids to slurp up. My son is obsessed with worms and is quite fond of the gummy version as well. The beverage I created would have to be colorful and yet murky, and without a doubt it would have to have a gummy worm attached to it. Happy Halloween.
Worm Guts Pop 1 of 9
This murky drink will be the TREAT of halloween. It oozes and fizzes like a magical potion ready to cast it's spell.
Blue Jello Balls 2 of 9
Make a batch of blue jello, then with a melon ball scooper, scoop out as many as possible. Set to the side.
Dip In Water 3 of 9
Dip the rim of the cup into a shallow bowl of water.
Green Sugar 4 of 9
Then dip the moistened rim into the green sugar.
Rim 5 of 9
Slowly remove the rim from the sugar.
Fill The Cup 6 of 9
Fill the bottom of the cup with jello balls.
Orange 7 of 9
Use orange soda or a blood red soda.
Pour 8 of 9
Pour the soda on top of the jello balls. Fill up to the 3/4 mark then add a nice serving of cool whip to the top.
Worms 9 of 9
Garnish with gummy worms and a straw. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Halloween worm guts pop:
- green dusting sugar
- made blue jello (follow instructions on box)
- orange soda (I used Jarritos)
- cool whip
- gummy worms
- Make a batch of blue jello. Once jello is firm, scoop it out with a melon scooper and place balls to the side.
- Dip the rim of a glass into a shallow bowl of water.
- Then dip the rim into the green sugar.
- Place the blue jello balls at the bottom of the glass.
- Pour the soda over the jello balls. When about 3/4 full add a heaping tablespoon of cool whip over the soda, then pour a little bit more of the soda over the cool whip. It will foam and fizz.
- Add the gummy worm to the side of the cup then insert a straw.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.