Happy National Donut Day! Find Out the Winner of the Entenmann's Bakery Giveaway!Babble Editors
National Donut Day is finally here! Whether you fancy glazed, chocolate, or Boston creme donuts, today’s the day to overindulge in your favorite fried dough treats! Earlier this week, we offered one lucky reader the chance to win an Entenmann’s Bakery prize pack. Find out the winner, plus check out some interesting facts about National Donut Day, after the jump!
Congratulations to Ruth Loughlin who won the Entenmann’s Bakery prize pack! We suggest using this gift certificate to stock up on plenty of your favorite chocolate-frosted donuts!
5 Things You Didn’t Know about National Donut Day:
- Entenmann’s has made more than 4 billion donuts — if you laid them end-to-end, you could wrap them around the Earth nearly 9 times!
- Thinking that people were more inclined to “buy what they can see,” the Entenmann’s family invented the familiar “see-through” cake box in 1959
- Over 168 million pounds of chocolate has been used for Entenmann’s Rich Frosted Donuts — enough to fill all of the Great Lakes
- The Salvation Army’s “donut lassies” provided writing supplies, stamps, clothes-mending, home-cooked meals, and of course, donuts, to soldiers on the front lines
- With limited resources being on the front lines and all, two “donut lassies” cleverly thought to fry donuts in soldiers’ helmets
Hope you enjoyed these fun facts! Now if you’ll excuse us, we hear a chocolate glazed donut calling our name …