Hazelnut Pear Blue Cheese TartNicole Presley
Do tarts make you go googly eyed? I see hearts and stars when my noise catches a whiff of a freshly baked tart? Savory or sweet or both, it doesn’t matter the heart wants to get in there and be best friends. This is what usually happens when there are a few perfectly ripe pears laying around my kitchen. I make this pear tart, and say I made it for who ever wants some, but in the back of my mind, I know it’s all for me. Enjoy!
Hazelnut Pear Blue Cheese Tart 1 of 5
The perfect tart any time of the day.
Puff Pastry 2 of 5
Cut puff pastry into 4 pieces.
Honey 3 of 5
Drizzle the inside with honey.
Tucked Pear 4 of 5
Once you place the pear on the inside of the puff pastry then bunch the edges and sprinkle with blue cheese. Bake.
Baked And Ready To Enjoy 5 of 5
Once baked top the tart off with honey and chopped hazelnuts.
Ingredients for Hazelnut Pear Blue Cheese Tart:
- A box of puff pastry ( 2 puff pastry sheets come per box)
- 4- pears (peeled and cored)
- 1/4 – cup honey
- 1/3 – cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/8 – cup chopped hazelnuts
- egg wash (1 tablespoon water and 1 egg)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
- Cut each puff pastry sheet into fours.
- Then drizzle a small amount of honey into the center of each square.
- Place each square on a baking mat lined baking sheet.
- Then place one half of pear into the middle of the square.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of blue cheese and pinch the edges to enclose pear into puff pastry.
- Brush edges with egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Drizzle all tarts with remaining honey and hazelnuts.
For more recipes from Nicole visit her blog Presley’s Pantry.
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.