Last week, I attended a Food & Wellness Summit at the Four Seasons Westlake in California and one of the recipes that was served for breakfast was Banana Pineapple Oatmeal Breakfast Cake. This would be a great option to make in the evening and then have sliced and ready for a breakfast on-the-go.
This breakfast cake is an easy healthy recipe that will get your family out the door and full of energy….
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup canned, DOLE® Crushed Pineapple in 100% Juice, undrained
2 medium DOLE® Bananas, diced
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
3. In large bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, vanilla, buttermilk and oil.
4. Mix all dry ingredients together and then fold in wet mixture. Stir until just moistened; do not over mix.
5. Gently fold in pineapple with juice and diced bananas.
6. Pour into baking dish and bake for 25 minutes, until knife comes out clean when inserted in center.
7. Cool until just warm, cut into squares.
8. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar right before serving.
*Read more about the Food & Wellness Summit*
Recipe provided by the California Health & Longevity Institute
Related Recipes on Babble: