“Perfectly vine-ripened seasonal sweet tomatoes with melt-in your mouth mozzarella and a spicy olive oil command the attention of your taste buds.” This is how Chef Viviane Bauquet Farre describes one of her favorite seasonal salads she makes at least once a week when tomatoes are ripe and in season. Fresh, simple and healthy… this salad will become one of your summer favorites too. Be sure to visit Viviane’s website Food and Style as it’s been recently redesigned and has gorgeous seasonal recipes for all occasions.
Heirloom Tomato Salad with Bocconcini and Basil – The Recipe
- 2 medium red heirloom tomatoes cut in 1/4″ slices
- 1 medium yellow or orange heirloom tomato cut in 1/4″ slices
- 1 medium green heirloom tomato cut in 1/4″ slices
- 1/2 pint mixed heirloom cherry tomatoes or husk tomatoes
- 1 lb bocconcini (baby mozzarella balls) drained on paper towels
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup small basil leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Arrange the tomatoes and bocconcini into 4 plates. Drizzle lavishly with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with the basil and serve with sourdough or Italian country bread.
Photo credit: Viviane Bauquet Farre – www.foodandstyle.com