Heirloom Tomato Summer Saladlaurasrecipes
During the peak of summer when heirloom tomatoes are at their best, why get complicated? Heirlooms, olive oil, and garden fresh herbs are all you need for a delicious summer salad. The taste is incredible and the wide variety of colors from green to yellow and purple will add life to your table. This dish is perfect for a light dinner, lunch or appetizer.
Heiroom Tomato Summer Salad:
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes of varying colors, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly cracked black peppercorns
- sliced pecorino romano cheese (optional)
Core tomatoes using paring knife and slice thinly. Remove basil and thyme leaves from herb stems and chop. Place tomatoes in a bowl and add olive oil and sprinkle with herbs. Add sea salt and pepper. Serve with sliced romano cheese. Enjoy with a tall glass of homemade iced tea or a dry white wine.
From pesto to soups: 5 Kale Recipes for Kids!