Homemade Fresh Herb Ranch DressingBrooke McLay
While lingering over a fanciful salad I pulled together for lunch last week, my dear friend stopped eating for a moment, and said, “you know, I don’t really like vinaigrettes. I’d choose creamy dressings any old day.” I giggled, realizing I’d been feeding the poor dear vinaigrette-based dressings every time we’d pulled together a salad, and was awfully glad to know another way to treat his palate. With a garden full of fresh herbs, I figured it was about time we pulled together a salad with a proper ranch dressing. One made with garden-fresh herbs, tons of flavor, and the perfect amount of creaminess. This is our recipe. It’s simple, splendid, and waaaay better than a vinaigrette (or so says my lunch pal!).
Homemade Fresh Herb Ranch
- 2/3 cup Crema Mexicana
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon each of fresh mint, fresh basil, fresh parsley, fresh cilantro and/or fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon goat cheese (optional)
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until herbs are finely chopped. Drizzle over your favorite summer salad or serve on fresh veggies, enjoy!
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen:
- 11 New Ways to Cook Zucchini
- 10 Tacos You Want Tonight
- 7 Ways to Snickerdoodle
- 7 Decadent New Desserts You’ve Never Seen Before