Hot Cocoa and Marshmallows in a Waffle!kathypatalsky
Craving a soothing, cozy mug of hot cocoa and marshmallows? How about enjoying those cravable flavors via a warm and toasty waffle! It is easy to make your favorite winter season beverage into one of your favorite breakfast dishes. Get the recipe for Hot Cocoa and Marshmallow Waffles!..
Need more cozy ways to start your day? Check out 22 Cozy Snow Day Breakfast Recipes!
Hot Cocoa and Marshmallow Waffles
vegan, makes 1-2 waffles
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp flour (I used spelt flour)
3/4 non-dairy milk
1 tsp lemon juice
3 drops vanilla extract (optional)
1 1/2 Tbsp hot cocoa mix, sweetened
1/8 tsp salt (generous pinch)
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup vegan marshmallows
oil for waffle iron, coat well
1. Mix together the flour, salt, cinnamon, cocoa mix, baking powder + add in the non-dairy milk, vanilla and lemon juice. Stir until a fluffy batter is formed.
2. Heat your waffle iron and spray generously with veggie oil to prevent the waffle from sticking to grill.
3. Pour a few tablespoons of batter on the grill then add about 4-6 mini vegan marshmallows. Then cover those marshmallows with a layer or batter – another few tablespoons – all waffle irons will vary in how much batter they require.
4. Cook according to your waffle iron instructions.
5. Remove waffle and garnish with remaining marshmallows.
tip: for extra chocolate-y waffles, add in a added teaspoon on cocoa powder, unsweetened. You could also add in 1/4 tsp instant coffee for a nice accent.