I recently discovered a new website I think every home cook will find useful: Food on the Table – A Better Way to Plan Meals and Save Money. Aimed at anyone who shops for groceries, which is just about everyone, this site cleverly intertwines recipes, meals plans and shopping lists with coupons available at your local grocery store. To give it a test drive last week I first located a dish I wanted to make, Easy Chicken Satay, assembled my shopping list for our local grocery store (complete with coupons from the site) and off I went to fetch my ingredients.
The shopping list and coupons I printed turned out to be extraordinarily helpful, making my Stop & Shop navigation far easier than normal. Instead of my usual meandering around the aisles wondering what sounded good, I was far more focused on my recipe and, thus, more efficient. Plus, I saved a few more dollars then I usually would’ve with their coupon packet. When I got home the satay recipe was indeed as easy, and delicious, as promised. Needless to say, my thoughts are now turning to our Fourth of July menus and how I am going to use the site to shop and save.
Food on the Table currently covers 20 states and 30 major grocery chains in the Southwest, West, Northeast/Mid-Atlantic, and, best of all, it is completely free to join. If you don’t see a chain or zip code that it covers your area they are open to any and all suggestions, just drop them a line at email@example.com. In the mean time, they are continuing roll outs in all 50 states so rest assured, if they are not there now they will be soon!
Food on the Table’s Key Features:
* Choose from hundreds of recipe based on your personal food preferences to create a tasty weekly meal plan that your whole family will love.
* Browse through designated kid-friendly recipes, guaranteed to satisfy even the pickiest eater.
* Print coupons based on your meal plan that you can take straight to the store.
* Print a completely organized grocery list, plus add anything to the list you would like before it is printed (so much easier than carrying two lists!)
* Enjoy stress-free, economical grocery shopping and fun family mealtimes!