Sip on this “Hot” Pink Strawberry Frosty and energize your day with fresh fruit flavors merging with a frosty kick of heat. This smoldering, mildly spicy pink smoothie is one to blend up for someone you love this month. Maybe that someone is yourself! This frosty, yet creamy blend is infused with flavors of strawberry, coconut water, watermelon and a hint of spicy cayenne to heat things up and stimulate the senses. This cool “hot” pink vegan smoothie will warm you up in no time! Get the recipe!..
More Vegan Valentine’s Day bliss:
* Double Chocolate Strawberry Layer Cake, vegan dessert!
* 22 Pretty in Pink Valentine’s Day recipes
* 9 Reasons to LOVE February Food
“Hot” Pink Strawberry Frosty
vegan, serves 1-2
1/2 cup soy milk, vanilla (or any non-dairy milk)
1/2 cup coconut water, chilled
1 banana, use a frozen banana for a thicker consistency
1/2 cup strawberries, frozen
1/2 cup watermelon, frozen
1-3 pinches of cayenne (more cayenne, more heat!)
boost it: add 1-2 Tbsp non-dairy yogurt for a creamier texture and a boost of probiotics!
Blend and serve this pink frosty treat!
* If you are using non-frozen banana and/or watermelon that is fine, just note that your frosty will blend up much thinner than pictured. You can thicken the blend by reducing the liquid by 1/2 cup. Fresh watermelon is quite ‘liquid’ on its own. If using a frozen banana and fresh watermelon, you should be fine with the liquid amounts given. But in general, reducing liquid (non-dairy milk or coconut water) will thicken the blend.
Nutrients: (estimate from calorie count)
calories: 226kcal fat: 2.6g carbs: 46g protein: 6.6g fiber: 6g
* also contains over 100% RDA of vitamin C and includes potassium, calcium, iron and other nutrients.
More on Family Kitchen:
* 7 Easy Tips for Low Sodium Cooking
* Queen Cake with Fresh Fruit
* 10 Tropical Recipes to Cheer Up Winter Weather
* Red Beans and Rice Mardi Gras Veggie Burger
* Cheezy “Kale Chip” Kale side dish
* 16 Creative Sweet Potato Recipes
* Double Chocolate Cake loaf