How to Build the Perfect Autumn Cheese PlateBrooke McLay
With autumn in the air, the opportunities to gather friends and family for cozy holiday parties and warm, wine-bibbed nights become ever more plentiful. I’ve discovered that having a few basic ingredients on hand, which can be pulled into an incredible cheese plate for spur of the moment gatherings, or those last-minute, “I-totally-forgot-to-grab-something-to-take-to-the-party” moments is one of the best ways I can ensure low-stress gatherings this time of year.
For the Pantry:
- 1 round good-quality brie cheese (buy at Costco for an incredible price)
- 1 jar jalapeno-raspberry jelly, plum jelly, or your favorite
- 1 box thin crackers (like Crispbread)
- Various raw or candied nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans)
- Various dried fruits (cherries and apricots are my favorite)
- Hard-boiled eggs (try whipping them with a ripe avocado for extra flavor and less mayo)
For the Plate:
- 60 minutes before serving time, prepare the Deviled Eggs.
- 15-20 minutes before, slice cheese and place on platter with crackers, nuts, fruit.
- Serve and enjoy!