I love making a hearty meal with as little prep as possible. I feel accomplished in some way when I pull a meal out of the oven even though I know the oven did all the work. It’s like a magical process that makes you seem like some master of the kitchen when in reality you are just great at prep. Let’s take roasted chicken for example … I let my chicken sit in a bath of beer during the day, and about an hour and a half before dinner time … I just pop our bird in the oven for a delicious meal. Not much prep, and my family acts like I just ran a marathon in the kitchen. Enjoy!
Ingredients for beer marinaded roasted chicken:
- 5 – cups beer
- 1 – whole chicken (remove the neck and giblets)
- 1.5 – lbs red potatoes (I used Melissa’s Produce)
- 1 – onion (peeled and cut in half)
- 5 – garlic cloves
- 3 – tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 – lemon cut in half)
- Pour beer in a large bowl then submerge chicken into bowl. Place back in the fridge overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a large pyrex 13×9 add the red potatoes, onion, garlic cloves, 1 1/2 olive oil, and salt and pepper. Mix to coat potatoes, onion and garlic in oil.
- Remove chicken from beer bath and pat dry. Place the chicken on top of the potatoes and onion.
- With the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil brush the top of the chicken then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Fill the cavity of the chicken with lemon, rosemary, thyme, and sage.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Then after 20 minutes reduce the heat to 375 degrees fahrenheit, and continue baking for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from oven and let it rest for 20 minutes before cutting it.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.