True story….. This past weekend was complete chaos for me. It started with a photo shoot, then a filming of a webisode, and a weekend of scorching heat. I happen to be friends with the people at Melissa’s Produce, so I call my friends over there and ask if I could pick up some green chiles and a few other peppers for my webisode. The head of the marketing department meets me at my car with a few boxes of chiles and a bag of cherries! The sweetest cherries I’ve ever known…… I thought ”Thank the skies above for sweet cherries, they are about to make beautiful paletas!” Those cherries combined with pineapple made my insane weekend seem like a walk in the park with paleta in hand!
Ingredients for cherry pineapple paletas:
- 1 – whole pineapple (peeled and cored)
- 1/2 – cup cherries (stems removed and pitted) ( I used Melissa’s Produce)
- 1 – cup sugar
- 6 – cups water
- Cut and peel a whole pineapple. Cut into two inch chunks. Discard pineapple skin, top and bottom.
- Pit cherries, and remove stems.
- Place all fruit in a blender with sugar and 2 cups water.
- Blend on high till smooth.
- Pour liquid through a sieve to collect all the pulpy part of the liquid.
- Then in a large pitcher add fruit water and the remaining 4 cups of water. Mix to combine.
- Next pour cherry pineapple liquid into paleta / popsicle molds and place them into the freezer for 2 hours.
- Pull them out of the freezer and insert sticks. Then place the paletas back into the freezer over night or for a minimum of 8 hours.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.
MORE ON BABBLE
24 sinfully sweet dessert recipes in a jar
Insanely fast desserts: 1-minute sundaes, 2-minute cakes, and more!
10 tasty mug cakes you can make in under 10 minutes
8 homemade Girl Scout cookie recipes – Caramel deLites, Thin Mints, and more
21 delicious cupcakes you won’t believe are vegan