My son woke me up this morning asking for strawberry pancakes. Let me start by saying this is the FIRST time he has ever requested a pancake breakfast. His usual is hash browns and eggs, and every once in a while he’ll have a side of bacon. Recently I bought him a book where a little boy asks his mom to make him pancakes; I think he is borrowing the pancake breakfast from his book. That he added strawberries to his request is fitting, since strawberries are his fruit of choice. These pancakes were made with my son in mind, but are fully adult-friendly as well. Enjoy!
Ingredients For Buttermilk Strawberry Pancakes:
- 1 1/2 – cups flour
- 2 – teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 – teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 – teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 – tablespoons sugar
- 2 – eggs
- 1 1/2 – cups buttermilk
- 1 – cup milk
- 3 1/2 – tablespoons butter (melted and cooled)
- 1/2 – teaspoon vanilla
- 1o – fresh strawberries
- chocolate sauce
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Whisk to combine and set to the side.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, buttermilk, milk, butter, and vanilla, then whisk together to combine all wet ingredients.
- Then add the flour/sugar mixture to the buttermilk mixture. Mix together with a whisk until combined. Leave some lumps in the mix. Set batter to the side and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice up strawberries and set to the side.
- In a large frying pan lightly brush with melted butter and place over a medium flame. Allow pan to get hot then pour 1/4 cup of batter into pan…. the batter will spread slightly then top with 5 strawberry slices.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the batter starts to have little holes in it. Some will even pop.
- Flip pancake and cook on the other side for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from flame and spread butter on top and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.