Many thoughts come to mind when piecing this post together. First, I love the word “paprika”, it sounds like a cool girls name. Second, I spent a good amount of time in Norway and use to order a paprika chicken and fries that was simply divine. It was there in Oslo that I got turned on to paprika, and have made my fries with the smokey spice ever since I returned to the states. Here’s to paprika, let the spice make your imagination run wild and enjoy a batch of fries with her while you’re at it!
Ingredients for paprika french fries:
- 5 – russet potatoes (washed and peeled)
- 1 – tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 – tablespoon Lawry’s seasoning salt
- 1 – teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 – cups vegetable oil
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch thick slices.
- Fill a pot halfway with water and place over a high flame to boil.
- Boil potato slices for 7 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, and shake out any excess water.
- Place potatoes on a plater and season with paprika, Lawry’s and garlic powder.
- In a large frying pan over a medium flame add oil and allow to heat.
- Fry french fries for 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until golden crisp.
- Remove and allow to drain off oil on a paper towel or paper bag.
- Sprinkle with paprika and salt.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.