How to Make Whipped Cream Heartsbellalimento
At first glance you might just think those are adorable little heart marshmallows floating a top that rich and decadent hot chocolate. But they’re not! They’re whipped cream hearts. Pretty cool eh? This is a super simple way to jazz up your hot chocolate and wow your kids/guests. I saw the idea on Pinterest and knew I had to make it myself. Your kids could even make these themselves. Get creative and use other shapes and customize it to your child’s likes. Grab your heavy whipping cream and follow the jump for the recipe!
- Get the recipe for my Italian Hot Chocolate
Whipped Cream Hearts
What you’ll need:
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
What to do:
1. Place cream, vanilla and sugar into your mixing bowl. Using whisk attachment mix until stiff peaks form.
2. Transfer whipped cream to a shallow baking dish. Smooth cream as much as possible. Place dish into freezer until firm.
3. Using a heart cookie cutter, cut out heart shapes.
4. Place hearts into HOT CHOCOLATE.
Need more of a chocolate fix? Try:
Plus, check out our favorite warm winter drinks for kids!
Read more from Paula on her Food Blog, bell’alimento!
See all of Paula’s posts on Family Kitchen