The key to a good barbecue is carne asada. Even if you have all that fancy stuff on the grill, you gotta make sure you have some good ol’ marinaded skirt steak grilling along side the rest. I sometimes buy my carne asada marinated already, but for those people that don’t have a carniceria close by, this is how you do it at home. With these quick tips you will have a marinaded carne asada in no time.
Ingredients for Carne Asada Marinade:
- 2 – pounds flap steak or skirt steak
- 3 – juicy oranges
- 1/4 – cup soy sauce
- 1/2 – cup mexican beer (I use modelo)
- 1- cup mixture of cilantro leaves and chopped green onion
- salt to taste
- Cut and peel oranges and lay on a plate. Squeeze a couple of slices to get some juice on the plate.
- Then carefully place meat on top of oranges.
- Pour soy sauce in to beer, and mix, then pour over the top of the meat.
- Season with some salt
- Sprinkle with green mixture of cilantro/green onion.
- Slide the whole plate of meat with liquid and all into a giant plastic ziplock or a plastic bag with no holes.
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Grill or cook in a pan.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.