Of course I love Thanksgiving turkey. I usually make two 12 pound turkeys to feed my family and have some leftovers for all the after Thanksgiving meals I crave. I usually make tortas, taquitos, tostadas, tortilla soup….. everything comes up turkey for me. One thing that I love to make — and it’s usually when I am down to my last bits of turkey — is turkey pate salad. I think of it as a way to stretch my final pieces of turkey and enjoy every single morsel of it in a creamy paste form. Enjoy!
Turkey Pate Salad 1 of 8
Simple and delicious. This lovely salad can be enjoyed atop toast or wrapped in a leaf of lettuce. Put your turkey leftovers to good use this year.
Shredded Turkey 2 of 8
I use all my scraps to make this turkey pate salad. Add them to a food processor.
Cut With Fat 3 of 8
When you cut meat with fat it becomes pate. I used both butter and mayo for this recipe.
Mustard 4 of 8
Dijon mustard adds a nice spice to this salad that can't be beat.
Pate 5 of 8
The mixture will look smooth and spread-able.
Chopped 6 of 8
Add the chopped ingredients to pate making it a salad spread.
Mix It In! 7 of 8
Mix all ingredients into pate until fully incorporated. I like to store it in a jar and take it out when guests come over and spread it on bread or crackers.
Enjoy! 8 of 8
Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Ingredients for Turkey Pate Salad:
- 4 – cups shredded turkey
- 1/2 – cup mayo
- 3 – tablespoons butter (room temp)
- 1/2 – tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 – tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 – cup green apple (diced )
- 1/2 – cup red onion (diced )
- 1/2 – cup chopped pecans
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add turkey into a food processor.
- Add in mayo, butter, garlic and mustard.
- Pulse until turkey is smooth and a spread like consistency.
- Remove from food processor, and mix in apple, onion, and pecans.
- Toast bread, then top turkey pate salad on top.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.