Jalapeno Mezcal Shooters And A Dia De Los Muertos Free E-BookNicole Presley
If you follow my feed here on Babble then you know I am going full steam ahead with my Dia De Los Muertos creations and celebrations. Day of the dead (Dia De Los Muertos) is a celebration that combines traditional foods, flowers, spirits, sweets and skeletons. This year I joined a collaborative of amazing women to create this Dia De Los Muertos free e-book called “Ofrendas,” which means offerings. I submitted 3 recipes, one being the jalapeno mezcal shooters featured below. I was so honored to collaborate with some of the most talented ladies in the blog-o-sphere: Kathy Cano-Murillo, Maura Hernandez, Denise Cortes, Ericka Sanchez, Vianney Rodriguez, and Leslie Limon on this lovely e-book. Click here to view our free downloadable e-book for crafts and recipes to celebrate Dia De Los Muertos! Keep an eye out for the other recipes I created in the e-book…. Skull sugar cookies, and mazapanes de pepitas!
Ingredients for jalapeno mezcal shooter:
12 – jalapenos
- 1 – tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 – tablespoons tajin
- 1/2 – cup lemonade (chilled)
- 1/3 – cup mezcal (chilled)
- 1 – tablespoon minced cilantro leaves
- Cut off the top of the jalapenos, about 1/4 of an inch below the stem.
- With a small knife carve out the seeds from the center. Rinse out the inside of the jalapenos with water. Dry with a paper towel and set to the side.
- Place lime juice in a little bowl. Set to the side. Place the tajin in a small little bowl and set to the side.
- Dip the jalapeno into the lime juice, then dip it into the tajin for a perfectly tajin rimmed jalapeno.
- Place the jalapenos in a holder to make them stand upright. OR place each jalapeno in a shot glass to hold it in place.
- In a big glass with a spout (measuring glass is ideal) mix lemonade, mezcal, and cilantro.
- Evenly pour liquid mixture into each jalapeno!
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.