I have a new addiction… cakes made with soda. I’ve been experimenting with different flavors and mixtures. My Aunt Brilla loves strawberry cake, and I haven’t seen her in a few months since she lives up north. I decided to send her a cake and wanted to use my new soda cake obsession to make it. I used Jarritos soda… since it is one of the only soda pops that uses real sugar and real fruit juice to make their soda. Enjoy!
Jarritos Strawberry Cake 1 of 10
Don't look at the picture for too long.... go out and buy the ingredients... but scroll through to learn how first!
Ingredients 2 of 10
Just a few simple ingredients.
Jarritos Soda 3 of 10
Pour the soda into the cake mix.
Bundt Cake Style 4 of 10
Pour the batter into the sprayed pan.
Bake 5 of 10
Bake for 50 minutes at 325 degrees fahrenheit.
Bring On The Blue 6 of 10
Wash the blueberries, then add to a blender to make a frosting.
Blob Status 7 of 10
Pour the thick blueberry puree into a sieve.
Blueberry Puree And Powdered Sugar 8 of 10
Whisk the powdered sugar and blueberry puree together.
Blueberry Icing 9 of 10
Whisk until smooth.
Ice The Cake 10 of 10
Pour the blueberry icing over the cake. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Jarritos strawberry cake:
- 1 – box strawberry cake mix
- 1 1/4 – cup Jarritos Strawberry soda
- 1 – box vanilla pudding
- 4 – eggs
- 1/3 – cup vegetable oil
- 1 – pint blueberries
- 2 1/2 – cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a mixer pour in cake mix, jarritos soda, vanilla pudding, eggs, and vegetable oil. Mix till fully combined.
- Spray a bundt pan with non stick baking spray, then pour the batter in.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before inverting onto a plate. Set to the side.
- Wash and clean blueberries.
- Place blueberries in a blender and pulse until mashed and sort of resembles a blob.
- Then pour blueberry blob into a sieve.
- With the back of a spoon push the blueberry mixture through the sieve. Until 2 to 3 tablespoons of liquid fall into the bowl.
- Pour powdered sugar into the bowl with the blueberry liquid. Mix to completely combine.
- Drizzle over the top of the cake.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.