On December 1st, the following message took Facebook by storm: “Change your Facebook profile picture to a cartoon from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same. Until Monday (December 6) there should be no human faces on Facebook, but an invasion of memories. This is for violence against children.” Since then, the online social media giant has been taken over by retro cartoon favorites, with photos of favorite cartoon characters from the ’70s, ’80s and ’90s being posted in place of the personal profile pictures most Facebook users have on their accounts.
If you’re a foodie looking to support the effort, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite cartoons that have inspired us over the years.
- Scooby Doo: If you love your sub sandwiches or are a bottomless pit for all things delicious, Scooby Doo is the perfect cartoon representation of your cravings.
- Elmer Fudd: Feeling carnivorous? Elmer Fudd, with his ever-ready rifle and keen eye for the hunt, may be just the guy for your profile pic.
- Yogi Bear: If you’re a food stockpiler with a storage shed of essentials for the inevitable “rainy day,” forest-residing Yogi represents you well.
- Strawberry Shortcake: Strawberry Shortcake, the sweet-smelling friend to all, is a foodie favorite. If you’re a baker, cupcake maker or cake lover, Strawberry is the cartoon for you.
- Care Bears: Rainbows and lollipops. If your palate prefers all things bright and cheery, there’s certainly a Care Bear to fit your taste. Try Birthday Bear or Messy Bear for truly adorable foodie-based cartoon characters.
- The Jetsons: Does everyone at work give you a hard time for eating all those prepackaged meals from the grocer’s freezer section? Show ‘em that you’re futuristic savvy by posting a pic of one of the Jetsons!
- Dragonball Z: If you’ve got a penchant for ordering Chinese takeout, look no further than a few favorite anime cartoons to represent your dinnertime passion on Facebook. Dragonball Z and several other early-era manga cartoons are a great way to show your adoration for Kung Pao everything. Yum!
- Rugrats: Known for your house full of little mouths to feed? What better way to represent your ultra-busy-mom-chef status than by posting a picture of the ’90s best-loved, wild & messy babies, the Rugrats.
- The Simpsons: If you’re a coffee and donut lover, then wait no longer! Posting a pic of the Simpsons will represent your passion perfectly!