Photo Credit: KFC - Crispy Twister Sandwich
According to an article on GrubStreet, KFC’s parent company has been ordered to pay an Australian family $8 million dollars after it’s KFC Twister Chicken Wrap was found to have given a girl permanent brain damage. The incident occurred 7 years ago. The entire family was hospitalized for salmonella poisoning after eating at KFC. Everyone in the family recovered but the girl.
Reports say “Monika was diagnosed with salmonella encephalopathy, a brain injury linked to food poisoning; it infected her blood and sent her into septic shock. She didn’t recover.”
KFC is appealing the decision.
Read Paula’s Food Blog, bell’alimento!
Read all of Paula’s posts on Family Kitchen