Thai Chicken Salad
This Thai chicken salad is a versatile meal that works equally as well for mid-week family dinners or weekend entertaining. The combination of roasted chicken, tender noodles, crunchy peanuts, crisp veggies, and a sweet soy dressing makes this dish a crowd pleaser for all the eaters in the group.
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skins removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 package rice vermicelli
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 English cucumber, sliced in half lengthwise and thinly chopped
- ¾ cup salted peanuts
- 3 scallions, trimmed and sliced
For the dressing:
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat the chicken with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the pan and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the rice noodles until al dente. Drain and place in a large bowl.
Cover the noodles with the chicken, carrots, cucumbers, and peanuts. Drizzle the dressing over the bowl and garnish with the sliced scallions.